For numerous reasons, it feels like it’s almost time to draw the curtain on this Hussy project, for reasons I will further elucidate on in an upcoming post, but suffice to say, it’s just gotten boring and sort of run its course. BUT BEFORE SHE HITS THE ROAD, the Hussy would like to give out a few superlative masculinities awards:
Most Generic Trans Dude Tumblr Whose Name Still Makes Me Laugh Every Time It Pops Up in My Dash: tsunamiofswag
- no tsunamis, very little swag, but put them together and…
The Mark Beyer Award for Best Comix About Existential Alienation: othermike
- quality moping, quality hanging out, never overly bitter, always smooth finish.
The In-The-Shadow-Of-Frank-O’Hara Award for Best Gay Shit: sandyfarquhar
- the great american musical, midcentury and contemporary posie, soft spot for juvenalia, old hollywood and new hollywood, them old victorians and We The New Victorians.
Better-Than-Watching-Ray-Donovan Award For Best Nihilist Antihero: transmansable
- fact: i have never actually seen ray donovan. but the Lino show is the best thing on teevee.
Best Boyfriend, Who Is My Boyfriend: highmasc
- fact: at first glance, tumblr seems kind of like livejournal and twitter had an abortion together, but then you hit the back of the wardrobe and boom it is a land of enchantment like Narnia, filled with fascinating people and creatures. to mix my metaphors here, g has been the Hussy’s white rabbit through this misadventure. thanks for continuing to put up with my shit. you are a trooper.
The Hussy is one of my all time Favorite Blogs and while I don’t believe in dying happily, her calling me a beer means I just might die, you know, content.